You will work as a member of the database team looking after our internal database as a service platform which is a part of the internal cloud. The goal of this team is to implement self-service capabilities, reduce database delivery times and facilitate the use of the different database platforms that are required by the users.
As a member of the team you will be accountable for the design and development of a robust platform based on best practices, the infrastructure operation and the automation of user requirements.
- In depth knowledge of the PostgreSQL architecture;
- Drive end to end availability, performance monitoring, and capacity planning for PostgreSQL, using a different tool;
- Implement automated methods and industry best practices for consistent installation and configuration of PostgreSQL for production and non-production environments;
- Manage backup and recovery functions for a PostgreSQL;
- Proactively monitor and setup alerting mechanism for a database to ensure system health and maximum availability;
- Plan and coordinate system upgrades;
- Perform capacity monitoring and short and long-term capacity planning in collaboration with development resources, system administrators and system architects;
- Manage Disaster Recovery environment;
- Identify and resolve incidents and address to user problems/concerns;
- Experience working in a Scrum team;
- Fluent spoken and written English.
Collaborative and proactive mindset.